04 February 2011

Back up off my frostbite.

I do this weird thing where I'm possessive of bad weather. When the weather is bad, I'm proud of it. I know it's completely asinine, but it's true. I really take pride in how sucky the weather in Nebraska is. The windchill is intense, the humidity blows, and the thunderstorms kill people, and even though I hate being here to witness it, I love telling people about it who don't live here.

I love talking to my friends and relatives in places with more stable climates.

"How's the weather there?"
"Oh, it's absolutely beautiful! How about there?"
"Third tornado warning this week! Golf ball-sized hail, even!"

or

"It's 75 degrees here today!"
"Wow, because it's -3 here with a windchill of -20."

I'm always expecting the response to be, "You win!"




Do other people feel this way or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment