16 June 2011

Random Journal Prompts for the WIN!

So I located a website via StumbleUpon (have you used this? It's my favorite freakin' thing. I listed my interests as Baseball, Art, Writing and Mormonism so I get awesome stuff!) that lists 80 journal prompts and then subsequently 50 more. You can find it here: www.tomslatin.com/80-journal-writing-prompts/

But before I choose some of those, let me share my *facepalm* moment of the day. I went to Ted and Wally's today because HELLO, Passionfruit ice cream! And when the boy handed me my waffle cone filled with ice cream, he said, "Enjoy that." And what do you think was my response? "Thanks, you too!" Um... whoops. I shook my head and was like, what did that even mean? But I just walked away as though it was a legitimate response.

OK, onto the writing prompts!

What five websites do you visit often and why?
-stumbleupon. We've already sort of discussed this though.

-Facebook. DUH. I feel like that one's a given.

-postsecret. I am absolutely fascinated and a little addicted to reading other people's secrets. because I have so many of my own. In fact, I make a post card for every single day of the year. I might have to start posting them here.

-oneword. I love this site. It's so simple and so brilliant a challenge. 1 word, 60 seconds, don't think just write. Really makes you think.

-rdio. It's a music site. I have a subscription. $10 a month and unlimited music streaming of anything. Right now I'm into Vampire Weekend and Legally Blonde the Musical.




Have you ever done something just to feel the danger, or to feel alive?
Yes, I absolutely have. In fact, I do it all the time. I shouldn't even be saying any of this, but it's not like anyone even reads this anyway so what do I have to lose? I do things for the adrenaline rush all the time. Sometimes when it's dark I'll drive on back country roads with my headlights off just to see what it feels like, to see how long it takes me to get scared and turn them back on. Other examples I could give you would probably just be upsetting so I'll leave it at that.


Describe the most outrageous thing anyone has dared you to do.
When I was 13 or so, I was at a friend's birthday party sleepover and we played perhaps one of the most seriously hardcore games of "Truth, Dare, Double-Dare, Promise or Repeat." Most of us just kept choosing truth, and it was starting to get boring (although the questions were pretty harsh) so being the rebellious cavalier preteen I was (or wanted everyone to think I was), I chose DOUBLE DARE. My dare was, should I choose to accept it (and I HAD to, it was a double dare!) was to go over to the neighbor's house, ring the doorbell, and ask to borrow a bra. Now if today I answered the door and was asked by a little girl to borrow a bra, I would choke back a grin and say, "sure, do you want a sports bra or a regular bra? How about purple with lace? Does that work?" but at the time, I was absolutely mortified and thought that the police would likely be contacted due to the obscenity of the request. I stumbled over in my cupcake print sleep boxers and pink cami with built-in shelf bra and rang the doorbell, my T or D counterparts looking on. I felt an impending sense of doom, thinking this would be it... it was all over now. However, I was spared from any real agony when a nice middle aged woman answered the door. I choked out the phrase and she just smiled at me and asked "truth or dare?" I nodded, my eyes watering (my body's absurd alternative to blushing). She chuckled and said, "tell your friends I said no." I nodded, my knees still shaking and returned, not necessarily triumphant but still alive.



Describe your note-taking style and habits.
I wish I had a section of notes from something to include. My train of thought usually goes like this though:

-Legitimate statement
-Legitimate substatement, date, fact, name or person or place
-Legitimate statement
-witty twist on actual fact
(Sidenote in the margin)
(draw a picture of a whale on the bottom of the page)
(Oh, right, note taking!)
-Legit fact
-dates
-more dates
-Part of a legit fact
-something that makes no sense
(stop to send a text)
(draw a unicorn fighting the whale)
(oh crap... I need to pay more attention)
-Legitimate although confusing fact that would have made more sense if I was paying attention
-a date or place but no real explanation
(sigh)
(Class Dismissed)



How long have you been able to live off the grid? No e-mail, Internet, electricity, running water, etc.
About four minutes. Next question?



Describe a time in your life when you were lost (figuratively or not).
Literally I got lost in a Cracker Barrel restaurant when I was maybe 3 or 4.
Figuratively I've been lost most of my life.



OK, I think I'm done now. Namaste, beyotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment