23 October 2011

I suck at everything normal people are supposed to like... mainly college.

I just looked in the mirror and noticed that it was the prettiest I've looked all day. At midnight. When I'm about to take my contacts out and go to bed. HOW is that fair? I spent all day around thousands of people and now I get home and my face decides to behave? That's some bullsh*t right there.

I went to another football game today! That's 2 in 3 weeks! And both were homecoming games. Not that it makes any difference.... but that's like a lot of college football for me. Anyway... I spent some quality time at Kinnick Stadium today. The game was at 11 which is like... ungodly early for a football game in my opinion... but I still enjoyed it and the Hawkeyes won, which is awesome. (BYU won today too if anyone cares.)

Being in Iowa City really got me thinking though. What if I never end up at a big school? What if I'm stuck in fake college forever? I could have gone anywhere if I had just cared... but then I didn't and so I got stuck here. But what I realized today is that I'm not sure I'd be doing any better there than I am here.

College kids are like... douchebags. Seriously. Everyone was all trashy and loud and drunk and puffing big clouds of smoke all over the place and I'm like UGH seriously you guys?! First of all smoking is like the most inconsiderate habit you can have... if you're smoking in public, non-smokers have to be exposed to it, which we're not down with, thank you so very much. Also they litter a lot and cigarette filters take up to 20 years to begin biodegrading. (According to some girl in my speech class last Wednesday?) Second of all, could you not be sloppy drunk in public? As marginally amusing as it is to watch you fall into the bushes, it's mostly just pathetic and I don't want to see it.

Then there is the issue of dorms. I am one of the most unlucky people I know, so there is like a 99% chance that I would get stuck with a roommate who:

  • Collects knives
  • Is a serial dater and cries for hours every time someone breaks up with her
  • Is a stoner
  • Is a slut who constantly wants to "use the room"
  • Doesn't have a remote sense of personal hygiene
  • Has terrible grammar
  • Likes country music
  • Is taking one of those parenting classes and has a fake baby that cries at obscene hours of the night for like a week straight
Or any number of other possibilities or combinations. Also with a dorm, you not only have to share a room with another person, usually a total stranger, but you also have to share a bathroom. WITH AN ENTIRE FLOOR OF STRANGERS. I'm sorry, but no. Just... ew. No. Please don't make me think about it. How am I supposed to shave my legs? How am I supposed to perform full length musical numbers while drying my hair? How am I even supposed to dry my hair?! How am I supposed to.... poop?! It's all just too horrifying to comprehend!

The only big school I'd even consider going to now I think would be BYU. Because Mormons don't get sloppy drunk and blow smoke in your face. Real ones don't anyway. I'm guessing the occurrence of encountering either is far less than at other Division 1 schools.

Anyways... That's basically it for now. In summary, college kids suck, Mormons are awesome, I'm scared of dorms and Go Hawkeyes.

We good?

No comments:

Post a Comment